To be eligible for this incentive, you must rollover an old 401k, 403b, 457 or SEP IRA into an InvestEd IRA between the dates of October 1st, 2021 to December 31st, 2021 at 11:59pm. Participants will be awarded an American Express e-gift card based on the asset amount rolled over into an InvestEd IRA. Asset tiers are as follows: $0-25,000 - $50 gift card, $25,001-50,000 - $150 gift card, $50,001-100,000 - $250 gift card, $100,001+ - $350 gift card. Assets must stay under InvestEd’s management for a minimum of six months from the rollover completion date. Gift cards will be awarded at the completion of the six months.
Schedule a call with one of our certified financial planners today!
No pressure. We promise.
For a limited time, rollover your old 401k
and receive a FREE gift card!
$0 - $25,000
$25,001 - $50,000
$50,001 - $100,000
Gift Card Amount
What to expect in your meeting
A personalized conversation with a Registered Advisor.
A thorough explanation of each rollover option and advice on which option is best for you.
Guidance and assistance during every step of the rollover process. We'll initiate the rollover and lead the process.
Why InvestEd Is The Best Place To Roll Over Your 401K
InvestEd is here to support you with reaching your retirement goals and we achieve that by providing you with high-quality fiduciary investment advice. We'll make sure your 401k fits in with your overall financial goal.
InvestEd is a fee-based Registered Investment Advisory Firm. Our asset under management fee is 0.95% with no hidden fees or extra costs. We keep our fees low so you are able to keep more of your hard-earned money working for you in your goals and investments.
"As fiduciary advisor, the InvestEd team always has your best interest in mind. We will ensure that your rollover process is as seamless as possible and provide step-by-step assistance."
- Endrit Lloshi (Series 65)
A Step By Step Guide:
How To Rollover Your 401k
Meet with an InvestEd financial advisor and open an IRA account.
Upon opening the account, you will be receive a
welcome email with a new account number.
Call the company that holds your old 401K and ask for a direct roll over. Instructions will be provided in the welcome email.
Once you receive the check, mail it to the address listed in the welcome email, or InvestEd can mail it for you.
I Have A 401K.
Is A Rollover Right For Me?
If any of these statements apply to you, you should consider using InvestEd as your fiduciary investment advisors to rollover your old 401k.
• I don't know where my old 401k is located or how it is performing. I want to take control of my finances.
• I have several 401ks from old employers and they are difficult to manage in multiple places.
• My old 401k doesn't have as diverse portfolio options as an IRA and the administrative fees are high.
What is a 401k rollover?
The act of transferring funds from your old 401k to another investment company. Preferably transferring it into an IRA with the purpose of having your funds in one place, earning with lower fees.
A 401k is a company-sponsored retirement account that employees and employers can contribute to. You are eligible to rollover a 401k if you have left a previous job that provided a 401k account.
What are your 401k rollover options?
Cash it out (you have to pay taxes and incur a 10% penalty)
Roll it over to your current 401K if you have one and if your current plan allows it
Roll it over to an IRA
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When can I withdraw from a 401k without penalty?59 1/2 is the current age when you can take money out of your 401k without incurring a penalty. However, the money you take out is still taxed as income. At the age of 70, the IRS forces you to start taking distributions from your retirement accounts.
2. What are the penalties if I cash out my 401k early?If you withdraw funds from your 401k before the age of 55 1/2, you will pay a 10% early withdrawal penalty and taxes on all the funds.
3. Can I access my 401k for funds if I'm fired from my job?Yes. However, if you do not roll those funds over into another tax-qualified account within 60 days, you will be subject to an early distribution penalty of 10%. In addition, the distribution will be taxed at ordinary income rate.
4. What happens to a 401k plan if I pass away before retirement?
If you have not named a beneficiary and you are married, your spouse will inherit your 401k. If you have not named a beneficiary and you are single, your 401k will become part of your estate. If you have named a beneficiary, they will inherit the account regardless of your marital status.